1. The Foundation
@vitam.org is an independent, non-profit foundation recognized of public utility and established in 2013 in Brussels under Belgian law.
It is based on a open model of crowdsourcing where everyone willing to contribute with a project, skills or positive energy is welcome to do so.
An Executive Board of 8 Co-Founding Directors-Entrepreneurs governs the foundation. Its accounts are reviewed and audited with comments by an auditor.
The mission of @vitam.org is to stimulate the local and global cooperation for sustainable development.
In practice, @vitam.org makes best practices easily accessible to the citizen in order to allow him/her to:
- share and access existing and positive acts and actors, near him/her and elsewhere;
- support collective projects;
- spread his/her involvement on social networks.
2. Why @vitam.org?
Alarmed by a series of reports about the crisis of our modern world, @vitam.org was created by positive citizens’ initiatives.
Environmental crisis :
- Greenhouse effect and global warming
- Overexploitation and depletion of the resources
- Air, water and ground pollution
- Unbalanced ecosystems
- Exponential population and increasing urbanization
- Extinction of plant and animal species
Humanity crisis :
- Loss of adaptability and respect of human beings towards their environment
- Increasing Social inequalities
- Unconscious consumers VS responsible consum’actors
- Power of money overruling consciousness
- Education system non adapted to the current new realities
- Loss of local adapted expertise and knowledge
Political & economic crisis :
- Short-term profit overruling long-term capitalism
- Industrial over-revolution
- Globalization effects
- National and international legislations influenced by political lobbyists
- Difficulties to reach global agreement on sustainability
It is because the citizen has the power to change the world, that easy access to find the answers to the frequently asked questions is necessary in order to act consciously and federate his\her entourage to act positively.
What can I do?
What is worth doing?
What is the best thing to do?
Who can I help or support?
Who else is getting involved?
What is the impact of our acts?
@vitam.org answers the citizens’ questions and recognizes the importance of easy accessibility to all positive acts and actors, both on a local and global level.
When you simplify, globalize, and have a positive attitude towards sustainable development, you will motivate an increasing number of citizens to come together and implement actions to amplify the transition to a better world, both locally and globally.
@vitam.org facilitates the positive action taken by and for the citizen.
3. Our team
It is also composed of an Advisory Board that comprises a team of international experts and opinion leaders in sustainability related topics; from food security to resource efficiency, including new business model experts, inspiring leaders, ...
They foster the measurement tool used to select best practices.
They validate the evaluation process of final performance indices and ranking of acts and projects.
@Vitam.org would like to thank their Honorary Members for their support and inspiration.
@Vitam.org would like to thank their Partners for their support, resources and the increase of visibility they give to the foundation.
Find here how to join the @vitam.org team by visiting our page « Get Involved »
4. Join us
Join here the citizens of the world who act on their own levels for a positive change!